Kids preparing to go to college? What if any insurance do we need for them?

Insurance coverage for Dorms vs. Private rental homes

If your child will be staying in the dorms at college, good news!Most homeowners insurance will offer an extension/ endorsement of coverage, to cover your child while in the dorms. The endorsement offers limited contents coverage and will extend your liability coverage to them. The dorm must be school supervised and recognized as school housing.

If your child will be renting a private residence , by themselves or with friends, it is imperative they get their own insurance. They will need a renters insurance policy ( Ho-4). This policy will cover their contents and offer them the much needed liability coverage . The cost of this can be as low as 125.00 annually!

Don’t let this coverage slip through the crack. Cost is minimal and placing coverage takes about 15 minutes.

Don’t hesitate to call us if you think we can help! (206) 842 7410